Thank you Odessa for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger award!
The “rules” of this award are:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Now, I don’t exactly know what the “Sunshine Blogger award logo” is so I am going to bend the rules and not display it on my blog.
ALSO – I am going to make things a little easier for those I am nominating. You do not have to nominate blogs when you do this because I find that it is difficult to find blogs that you are familiar with who haven’t yet been nominated. I realize that my amendment above defeats the purpose of, let’s say, “spreading the love around,” but the blogs are not being prevented from loving/nominating other blogs. I believe that this amendment will make this award less tiresome and chore-like.
Odessa asked me these questions, my answers are in italics:
- Favorite kinda meat? Turkey
- Favorite sport to watch? I don’t really have one..but, maybe basketball.
- If you could go Skydiving, would you? (Odessa says, “I TOTALLY WOULD!!!”) Yes.
- Have you ever went unconscious? (and how) Partially- when I got my ears pierced. I think I had an allergic reaction to the numbing stuff they put on my ears.
- What’s the grossest thing that you’ve ever eaten? I can’t think of anything off the top of my head, although I did have the opportunity to eat fried flying ants once, but I didn’t. (See picture of them below)
- What’s the weirdest thing that you’ve ever eaten? Guinea Pig, a delicacy in Ecuador.
- Do you like hot peppers and hot sauce? No
- Do you work out on a regular basis? Sort of
- What is your favorite hobby? Right now, knitting.
- Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
- What is currently your favorite song? ‘Scandal of Grace‘ -my favorite song changes often.
Here are my questions to the blogs I am nominating:
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What is your favorite thing to blog about?
- Which do you prefer – writing by hand or typing?
- Roughly how many books do you read per year?
- Sun or clouds?
- Do you ever find yourself day dreaming?
- Do you currently have a dream?
- Would you prefer traveling by train or by airplane?
- Would you go on an international trip somewhere if your lodging and food at the destination were free?
- If you had an opportunity to housesit at a European castle in the country – with all expenses paid – would you do it?
- If you had the opportunity to housesit at a ranch belonging to a friend of the family would you do it? (You would have to manage the ranch and chores while the owner is away.)
I nominate these blogs (I hope you enjoy answering my questions! Also, I tried to find ones who haven’t yet been nominated):
Hanna – The Horsey Homeschooler (Her blog’s awesome – you definitely have to check it out!)
Now, here are the pictures of those fried flying ants (a delicacy in Ecuador – they sell for around $10 a pound).
To prepare these, you first pinch off those pinchers on the ant’s nose then you pluck off their wings (because they’re wiry and have an unpleasant texture) then you fry them in oil. I’ve heard they taste sort of like popcorn.
(Sorry about the bad picture quality, the lighting was bad and it was hard to get a still picture of them while they were moving around..)